2022 Costume & Picture Day Handouts & Reminders
We are very excited about your child’s participation in DEAC’s Turn the Page Student Production 2022!
We are preparing to hand out Costumes this week. We will begin with Intro to Dance & Pre Dance Classes this week followed by our level 1 classes. This will give us more room in our workspace and a little time as we await several more items.
CLICK THIS LINK FOR OUR PICTURE DAY HANDOUT
We are still awaiting several partial shipments & deliveries:
All Acro Classes 1-2-2C-3
Level 2A Jazz & Tap
All Ballet Pink Tights all Levels 2-7
All Capezio Stir up tights Level Pre-7
**COSTUMES WILL BE HANDED OUT TO THOSE THAT HAVE FINALIZED THE LAST PAYMENT ONLY**
The following are policies regarding costume maintenance. Compliance with them will ensure that your child has the best recital experience.
· To assure a quality fit, we have measured your child. If there is any tailoring that needs to be done, it is the responsibly of the parent. Sizes have been ordered to best accommodate your child’s size requirements. (Item can always be altered smaller, not larger). Do not allow your child to wear the costume until the performance. It is important to consider that dance costumes are suppose to fit like bathing suits.
· Be sure your hands & child’s hands are clean when handling the costume.
· Do not consume food or drink while wearing costume.
· Tights & other accessories are for performance only. It is important that all tights match on stage.
· Place costume in a high-quality garment bag when traveling to & from performances.
· Store costumes at home in a closet to keep them protected from siblings & pets.
· To remove wrinkles, please do NOT iron. Ironing could change the color, burn the fabric, & deteriorate the material. Steaming is a safe option. Hanging the costume in the bathroom during hot showers works well to eliminate wrinkles.
· Each item of costuming (including footwear) must be labeled with your child’s name & CANNOT be replaced.
· Create a recital checklist for every item for every costume. Refer to the list before you leave for the performance venue.
· Apply makeup & hair before putting the costume on to keep it clean.
· If after the performance, you want the costume cleaned, check with your dry-cleaner for the best process. Some cleaning methods can ruin the fabric & trims.
REMEMBER: YOU ONLY HAVE ONE COSTUME. IT CANNOT BE REPLACED!!!
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask.
The following items are needed to complete your child’s costume for recital & picture day. Please note:
1. Alterations (hems, straps) may be needed & are the responsibility of the parent. Be sure to consider the growth of the child before cutting fabric.
2. Tutus & some other fabrics cannot be ironed. Steam them!!! Check with staff if not sure.
3. Do not allow your child to play in or with the costumes. It is the only costume you have.
4. Pants may require hemming. You can sew or use iron-on hem.
5. Wear tights (Included) for picture & performances only.
6. Order Shoes most cost effectively from DiscountDance.com. Use our teacher code: TP44059. Please consider growth of child when ordering.
7. All Intro, Pre Dance, and Level 1 classes need PINK ballet shoes and BLACK tap shoes. Level 2 and above require BLACK oxford taps, PINK ballet shoes, and BLOCH PULSE TAN jazz shoe. All Lyrical and Contemporary classes require TAN footies.
If you have any questions email us your questions OR concerns: [email protected]
Leave a Comment